The aim of this module is to introduce you to the field of corporate finance.
Corporate finance deals with all the activities involved in managing cash flows of a firm. Firms grow by making investments. Investments require capital. Investors have to be repaid with the cash flows generated.
You’ll explore all the main corporate finance functions and the overarching principles that govern them, such as the time value of money and the risk-return trade off, market efficiency, and the goal of value maximisation.
The module covers:
- Corporate Finance and the Corporate Objective Function
- Valuing Securities and Firms
- Evaluating Investment Projects: Alternative Decision Rules
- Dealing with Uncertainty in Capital Budgeting
- CAPM and the Cost of Capital
- Capital Structure: An Introduction
The Finance module is led by Professor Andrew Clare: