Technology and Innovation
This module will provide you with specialist knowledge and practical tools for the management of technology and innovation.
Although technology adoption and development has long been associated with the operations of organisations, it is increasingly conceptualised as a multidisciplinary activity involving strategy, research and development (R&D), marketing, organisational behaviour and project management.
The concept of innovation frequently transcends the organisation. As such, you’ll study innovation in the context of wider stakeholders, including customers, other agents in the supply chain, clusters of companies and ecosystems.
The module covers:
- The concepts of technology and innovation
- Models and classifications
- Success factors and problems
- The resource allocation problem
- Interdepartmental tensions
- Innovation strategy – how to foster innovation in an organisation
The Technology and Innovation module is led by Dr Sara Jones: