Acquire an in-depth understanding of the key factors affecting corporate decisions
Through this module, you will acquire a thorough understanding of core theoretical principles, and become equipped with the most commonly used practical corporate finance tools that are relevant to key decisions around investments, financing and dividends.
While these decisions are made with the aim of maximising shareholder wealth, there are a number of important factors decision-makers need to take into consideration.
Designed and informed by academic research and case-studies this module will provide you with an in-depth understanding of these issues.
The topics you will cover in this module include:
- Corporate finance and the corporate objective function
- NPV and other investment rules
- Capital budgeting
- Risk analysis, real options in capital budgeting
- Cost of capital
- Capital structure – the limit to the use of debt
- Raising equity capital – Initial Public Offering
- Mergers & Acquisitions
The Corporate Finance module is led by Sonia Falconieri: